Funny how odd it seems to be making this list on my blog! I’ve never been much of one for blogrolls, even back when that was a major part of most blogs. I am, however, a voracious consumer of RSS feeds. I use Google Reader to manage them. Here are a few of my favorites.
Or, in my case today, in the pockets of my jacket!
- cell phone
- Framley Parsonage (The World’s Classics, Oxford University Press, 1957 hardcover pocket edition)
- bus schedules: 92 and 93
Goals? Who said anything about the blog having goals?
- originally, as the subhead says, an aide‐mémoire (but only useful if I actively blog!)
- to vent on political or social topics for which I feel I have no other venue
- to be on record publicly
- to influence whoever might come across or follow the blog
- to be findable by old friends and coworkers
I don’t think I actually have “least favorite” words per se (at least not that I can put on a blog), although context does put me off as an editor.
- “And” or “but” when used to begin a sentence.
- “However” when used to begin a sentence with the sense of “although.”
Oh, so mundane!
- do laundry
- buy cat litter
- sweep and vacuum (aka: terrorize the cats, unfortunately)
- launch “Opera with Otenth” on Radio Riel Sunday at noon EST with Don Giovanni
- turn futon (already partially accomplished!)
- Haven’t even started iTunes today.
- Going to a dance in Second Life tonight, so whatever Fuzz plays.
- the weekend
- seeing Janny
- my sabbatical
- eldering for PSP at the Weed Lecture
- reading The Crippled God
- putting together the big picture from little details
- making homefries
- avoiding doing laundry
- enjoying the sky
- providing a warm, soft place for cats to sleep
I found this meme‐thing through a knitting blogger. It’s meant for scrapbookers, but I think it may serve as a good little blog jump‐start. It’s 30 days of lists. And yes, I’m starting late.
A few things about me
- I grew up in California
- I’m an editor
- I like cold weather and snow
- I don’t like temperate weather and rain
- I share my house with two cats named after characters in Trollope novels
- I’m probably going to try doing this exercise twice simultaneously in two personae